Saturday, January 17, 2009

A visit to the castle, something I forgot, and the beach!!

On Friday we finally visited El Castillo de Santa Barbera, and let me tell you, it was worth the wait. The views were just incredible. You could see for miles! The walk up was fun because a lot of us were getting out of breath. I stayed in the back with the other photographers so that I could take as many as I wanted without getting in the way. We would stop at various points on our way up to see the different views. Once we got to the top of the castle, we couldn´t stop saying wow! Tons of buildings everywhere and then the Med. Sea! I didn´t want to leave! I will get my pictures up as soon as I can so you can see for yourselves. I decided though that whoever comes to visit me is going to the castle because they have to see the view. After we walked back down, me and 2 other friends went out for dessert. We wanted churros con chocolate, but the place was closed, so we went to the ice cream place that was soooo good. It was a cool place to hang out and talk.

So the thing that I forgot to talk about was the day trip we took to Guadalest, which is another castle a few hours from the city. It is one of the most visited places in Alicante. We took a tour of it and it had a lot of little rooms with artifacts and books. Again, I took a lot of pictures because of the great view. This time it was just plains and mountains. Also, there was a greenish blue river that was so pretty. After the castle, we went to a cave. I didn´t take any pictures because cave pictures usually don´t come out very well. We took a tour in it and it was pretty cool.

Today was such a nice day in Alicante, so Amy and I decided to go down to the beach and soak up the sun. We saw one of our friends that was already there and hung out with her. A couple others came later. Everyone was laying out or playing volleyball or soccer. Some brave people were even swimming!! I still have to get used to the whole speedo thing...lol. We felt bad for everyone back in the States trying to stay warm while we were watching the sea and getting some color. Once it gets warmer, I am spending all my time at the beach. That is where my homework is going to get done. I can´t wait to swim too!

Like I said, I will put my pictures up as soon as I can. I am using my family´s computer, but will have the internet on mine very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Gosh, Holly, it sounds magnificent...something you'll always rememeber and cherish. I'm soooo jealous of you being on a beach right now(although I'm not jealous that you're looking at men in speedos) Can't wait to see you pictures!

    ReplyDelete