Monday, January 19, 2009

Churros for breakfast and a day at the beach!

Yesterday was my madre´s 65th birthday, and I gave her a card and she loved it. She showed it to all of her friends saying, look at what my American daughter gave me. haha. She´s so cute. For breakfast we had churros con chocolate!! Churros are like a fried pastry type thing, and you dip them in melted chocolate. Yep, and that´s what I ate for breakfast! After breakfast, Amy and I went down to the beach for a few hours. When I came back, my madre commented on how pink my face was. After the beach, I went to my madre´s other house in the country where she has fruit trees and vegetables and small animals. Her son lives there with his family. We all ate Paella that my madre made. She said that it tastes better when it is cooked over an open fire. It was really good. We hung out there a little bit before going back home. Then, some of my padres friends came over to play a card game called Chichurón, or something like that. It´s kind of like Rummy. You have to pay 1 Euro to play haha. I watched them play a whole game through and then decided to play. I lost, but I was doing really well until someone went out in like the first round so I was left with a lot of points. After cards, we had more chocolate and we dipped different types of bread in the chocolate. It was really good, but I shouldn´t have eaten so many sweets before going to bed haha.

Today I had my first test. It wasn´t too bad. I think I did pretty good on it. After the test, I went straight to the beach and got there around 11:30. My friends and I laid out in the sun, ate some lunch, ran around, played on this spider web rope thing, played some soccer, and then some hardcore beach volleyball. It was sooo great. I didn´t get home til 7:45! We all kept saying that we can´t believe that we are going to be doing this for 5 months! It´s gonna be great! Tomorrow we start a seminar class called Living and Learning in Alicante. It isn´t a mandatory class; we could decide if we wanted to take it or not. I decided to because it´s free and you get a certificate for International Learning or something like that, so I figured it would look good on a resume (yep, thanks mom) So that means I won´t have time to go to the beach, oh well! Also, there is now talk about where everyone wants to travel, so I have to start making my list...it´s rather long!

3 comments:

  1. Like a dream. I wish Carly was old enough to understand this - but she watches the travelling pants movies and can't wait to go to Greece after she graduates now (in like 10 years).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like someone's going to be doing a lot of running on Cape May beaches this summer Miss Chocolate face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I know! No Uncle Bill´s Pancake House for me!

    ReplyDelete