Thursday, January 15, 2009

1/14 cont again...

On the 13th, we started our first day of intensive language class. It was kinda boring, but it´s a good review of everything. We have to take the bus to school every day so that will be an experience. My madre was gone for a few days because her step sister is sick, and when she came back, I called her madre and she loved it. She hugged me really tight and was really happy to see me. Her granddaughter slept over too and became my little friend. I showed her some of my pictures of my family and friends. I met my madre´s daughter, Noelia, and she was so great. She was so nice and easy to talk to. She is getting married on the 31st, and invited me to the wedding! She even said that if there is a trip with CIEE, I can´t go cuz I have to come to the wedding. Her fiancé is really cool too. We ate so much food that night, and Noelia´s fiancé said to get used to it. My madre brought back a lot of delicious desserts from her town. I loved everything. It was fun getting to know my madre´s daughter and fiancé. on the 14th, I went over to Amy´s house for lunch after school and we ate rabbit paella....yep...rabbit...and I liked it too. After lunch, we walked down to the beach for the first time. It was amazing. The castle looked so cool, because it was in plain view. The water was a little cold, but it felt just like Cape May! I can´t wait til it gets warmer. I plan on spending all the time I can at the beach. After we walked inthe sand and took lots of pictures, we did more shopping. I think I am adjusting to life here in Alicante. I´m just trying to take it one day at a time. I try not too think too far ahead becuase then I get homesick and miss everyone. Tomorrow we visit el castillo de santa barbera, which I am so pumped for! I can´t wait! I am becoming closer with my family which I think makes my time here go smoother and a little less stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment