Friday, February 13, 2009

I could become a movie star. . .

¡Hola everyone! I hope you are having a great Friday the 13th! Here´s a fun fact for you, over here, the unlucky day is Tuesday the 13th. So there you go! I´ve had a pretty good week filled with classes and good food! I´m enjoying most of my classes, but one of them is pretty boring and hard to get through usually. It´s still been pretty windy here, so that puts a damper on things. Recently, a production crew for an upcoming movie (probably just a low budget movie that will go straight to dvd) called Mr. Nice, came to Alicante University looking for Americans that are willing to be extras in the movie! They said they were looking for California girls, beach type girls, cops and people like that. And we were all like yeah why not!! So we filled out our information and they took a picture of each one of us. I´m not sure when we´ll know if they´re gonna use us. I´m not holding my breath, because I have dark hair, so I don´t really fit the California girl, but I do have a good chance of being in it because they said they could use all of us. So I could potentially become a movie star...haha.

Another exciting thing this week was that we got our "intercambios", which are Spanish students from the University that pretty much become our friends. They help us with our Spanish, and we help them with their English. It´s a good deal. I got 2 girls in my group, Isabel and Victoria. They are both 21, like me, and they are both from Alicante. Their English is pretty good, but they said that my Spanish was better. I was pretty flattered by that haha. After we got to know them and asked some ice breaker questions, they wanted to know if we wanted to hang out that night! We were like sure!! I was so excited that these girls genuinely wanted to be our friends! So we met up with them later that night at a pub for some drinks. We spent half of our time speaking Spanish and the other half speaking English. It was so much fun, and they are really nice girls. When we were done, we scheduled to meet up again another day! I am so happy that this is working out, because it´s really going to help me with my language development. I´m really looking forward to spending more time with Isabel and Victoria.

Tomorrow, we are going to a Hercules soccer game, which is Alicante´s team. I´m really excited because I know it´s gonna be a lot of fun. Right now I´m in the process of planning a trip to London and a trip to Switzerland!! I really hope everything works out! I hope everyone has a great Día de San Valentín!!

No comments:

Post a Comment