Sunday, February 15, 2009

¡Gracias, San Valentín!

Happy late Valentine´s Day to everyone!! Mine was different over here. Apparently it´s mainly just celebrated by couples, so my familia didn´t have anything for me. It was weird because usually my mom gives all of us kids goodie bags and cards and stuff like that. I got my familia a card and Amy´s one too. I think they appreciated the gesture. It was kind of a depressing day for me, because it really made me miss home and being with everyone on Valentine´s Day. I was pretty bummed. Plus, I´m sorta coming down with something. I barely have a voice and I don´t really feel like myself. Also, Ivan and Noelia came back from their honeymoon and they had tons of gifts for everyone, except me. I mean, yeah, I shouldn´t expect anything, but I was invited to the wedding, and I´m supposed to be part of the family. So not even getting something small made me feel really left out, and I knew that if I was at home, I would be getting tons of little gifts. So yeah...pretty depressing, but don´t worry it got better...

That night, we had the chance to go to a Hércules soccer game, which is Alicante´s team. We were supposed to go as a group, but we were never given a time or a place to meet to buy the tickets, so Amy and I just took the bus there and made our way to the stadium. We asked someone where to buy tickets and they told us to go to the other side of the stadium. So we did that and decided to ask a security guard where to go from there. He said just wait a second...and he dug in his pocket and pulled out 2 tickets!! And we were like oooh mannn!! Gracias!! And he said it was because of Saint Valentine and that he was in love with us (that is something normal to say over here, so we just laughed it off). So we took our free tickets and made our way inside. We actually scored some pretty good seats, like 10 or so rows from the field. The game was so much fun. We missed the first goal they scored because we were outside, as well as the other team´s first goal. It was just crazy being around all of the crazy Spaniards. My dad would have fit right in because if they didn´t like a call or something bad happened, they would all do a sharp, shrill whistle. And of course there was lots of chanting. We would clap along and chant but we weren´t sure what they were saying sometimes. They also handed out blue and white carnations to all of the girls, and luckily we were able to get them! We took lots of pictures and I will have them up on here soon. Hércules ended up winning 4-2!! Champeones!! Champeones!! I definitely want to go to another game, and I want a Hércules scarf and t shirt too!!

So even though it started out crappy, I had a good Valentine´s Day with my free tix and some great soccer! Tonight, me and Amy are going with our madres to see Australia! I´m pretty excited!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, glad everything got bright and sunny for you on Valentine's Day-we were thinking of you and sending our love telepathically :) Hope you are feeling better-David is coming down with something too, a cough and a fever of 101...so I'm sure Nicholas will have it as well, give it a day or 2. Hope you have a good week!
    Love, Aldyce

    ReplyDelete